Expertise & Research Centre
Duynie Feed sets great store by the quality of its products. This is apparent in the Duynie Feed organisation, with various departments actively engaged in quality control:
- Quality: engages in the assessment of the quality and certification of suppliers;
- Nutrition: offers advice on optimum rations, conducts scientific research.
Together, these departments are called the Expertise Centre of Duynie Group.
Duynie Group also has a Research Centre, which consists of the following departments and facilities:
- Research department: researches fermentation processes, bio-refining and the very latest analysis techniques by R&D managers;
- Own laboratories that are independently certified;
- Pilot site;
- Trial plant.
Duynie Group stands out for having its own independently certified laboratories where raw materials and animals feeds are tested with a view to quality.
Duynie Group’s central laboratory is certified according to GMP+ FSA B10, meaning that it meets the quality criteria imposed on animal feed scientific laboratories.
Having its own laboratories gives Duynie Group the following advantages:
- specialisation in co-products;
- analyses can be conducted very quickly;
- extensive lab facilities and 10 analysts;
- the availability of unique analysis methods not offered by commercial laboratories;
- the very latest analysis methods such as Near Infrared Radiation (NIR);
- the development of new analysis methods;
- availability of analysis results over long periods of time;
- participation in (scientific) research.
The fact that Duynie Group invests in in-house research is unique. This not only entails practice-related research, but also scientific research. We collaborate with:
- Universities in Wageningen (The Netherlands), Ghent and Louvain (Belgium)
- Research institutes in the field of cattle feed, such as Schothorst Feed Research
- Feed Design Lab
- VTT Helsinki, Finland
- Cosun Innovation Centre